Eligibility Criteria of NDA
Knowing about the eligibility criteria of NDA can help a candidate in the exam of the prestigious joint services academy of the Indian Armed Forces. At NDA (National Defence Academy) candidates complete their basic training for the armed forces. Also, now from 2021 female candidates are eligible for NDA. Let us have a brief look at the eligibility criteria of NDA.
Eligibility for NDA
Age limit: The age for NDA Selection Process is ranged from 16.5 to 19.5 years.
- For Army, wing candidates should have passed class 12th from any recognized board of the country.
- For Naval Wings and Air Force candidates must have passed class 12th with Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects from a recognized board of the country.
Marital Status: Only unmarried candidates can apply for the NDA examination.
- A citizen of India.
- Subjects of Nepal and Bhutan.
- An Indian origin who is migrated from the countries (Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam) with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Refugees of Tibet who moved to India, before 1st January 1962 and settled here permanently.
NDA Physical and Medical Requirements:
The candidate must be medically fit and must not be suffering from the diseases listed below:
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Condition of Overweight/Underweight
- Under Sized Chest
Eligibility Criteria for NDA: physical requirements
NDA Visual Standards for Army
Distance Vision (Corrected): Better Eye 6/6, Worse Eye 6/9
Color Vision: CP-III (Defective Safe)
- Myopia should not be more than -2.5 D.
- Hypermetropia should not be more than +3.5 D.
NDA Visual Standards for Air Force
The candidate who wears Spectacle: Not eligible for Air Force
Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in the other Correctable 6/6 only for Hypermetropia
- Color Vision CPI Hypermetropia = +2.0 D
- Color Vision Sph Manifest Myopia = Nil Retinoscopic
- Myopia = 0.5 D in Meridian Permitted
- Astigmatism = +0.75 D
NDA Visual Standards for Navy
- Uncorrected without Glass- 6/6, 6/9.
- Corrected with Glass- 6/6, 6/6.
- Limits of Myopia- -0.75.
- Limits of Hypermetropia- +1.5.
- Binocular Vision- III.
- Limits of Color Perception- I.
NDA is a very high-level examination that needs quality preparation. Also, you do not have much attempt and time, you need quality guidance also. Navjeevan Defence Academy provides you with the best faculties and prepares you in such a way that you can crack the examination with ease. Not only for written exam Navjeevan Defence Academy also prepare you for physical and SSB interview. Experienced officers are also appointed to check your Personality. The academy is a part of Navjeevan Science Group, Sikar. The academy also provides integrated schooling with its co-units Navjeevan CBSE School and Navjeevan RBSE School.
Now Daughters can also join NDA!